Direct GOV Contact Number
Calls to this number cost 7p / minute plus your network operator’s access charge.
DirectGov, now known simply as Gov.co.uk is the best place to find out all you need to know about government services and information. The no frills website is broken down in to clear sub categories, which makes it extremely user friendly and really simple to find what you are looking for.
The DirectGov Helpline
As you can imagine, there are numerous sub departments within DirectGov, so the number you need to call will depend on the department you need. The simplest way to contact DirectGov is buy using the DirectGov customer service telephone number which is listed below.
Again, how you make a complaint will depend on the department involved. Further information can be found in the sub categories below.
As mentioned previously, the DirectGov website is broken down into sub categories. If you want an alternative option to calling the DirectGov helpline, why not take a look at the links below.
- Benefits – This includes detailed information about tax credits, eligibility and appeals.
- Births, deaths, marriages and care – This includes parenting, civil partnerships, divorce and Lasting Power of Attorney.
- Business and self-employment – This offers tools and guidance for businesses.
- Childcare and parenting – This section tells you all you need to know about fostering, adopting, benefits for children, childcare and schools.
- Citizenship and living in the UK – This includes voting, community participation, life in the UK and international projects.
- Crime, justice and the law – A detailed section about courts, the police and legal processes and guidelines.
- Disability – Including carers, your rights, benefits and the Equality Act.
- Driving and transport – This category includes vehicle tax, MOT and driving licenses.
- Education and learning – Student loans, admissions, apprenticeships and more.
- Employing people – This includes rates of pay, contracts and hiring.
- Environment and countryside – This page offers help and advice on flooding, recycling and wildlife.
- Housing and local services – Guidance on owning, renting and council services.
- Money and tax – This includes debt advice and self-assessment.
- Passports, travel and living abroad – All you need to know about renewing your passport and travel advice that is broken down in to countries.
- Visas and immigration – This includes visas, asylum and sponsorship.
- Working, jobs and pensions – This includes holidays and help and advice on getting into work.
There are also a number of interesting and insightful blogs that can be found on the DirectGov website.
If you still haven’t found what you’re looking for, there is a page dedicated to other useful information that may be of interest to you. For example, you can check the dates for bank holiday’s in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. You can also take a look at the latest rates and fees for this such as vehicle tax, council tax and passport fees.